In fulfilment of the requirements of the Ontario Clean Water Act, 2006 and Ontario Regulation 287/07, there are currently five positions available on the Thames-Sydenham and Region Source Protection Committee representing the following interests:
- Economic Sector – Agriculture (1 position available)
- Economic Sector – Aggregate/Oil/Gas (1 position available)
- General Public – May include persons representing the general public or persons representing recreation, environmental non-government organizations, landowners, and academics (3 positions available)
Summary of Committee Member Obligations
- This position will be for a 3-year term (until June, 2021).
- Committee members should be able to contribute positively to the production of updated assessment reports and source protection plans, and other duties as required.
- The Committee normally meets 2-4 times per year.
- Committee members must reside, own property, rent property, be employed, or operate a business in, or be employed by, a municipality that is located within the borders of the Thames-Sydenham and Region Source Protection Region. A committee member, however, cannot be a Conservation Authority board member.
- Applications should include a cover letter and resume, with the position title clearly marked, by April 15th, 2019 at 4 pm local time. Please indicate clearly which of the five seats your application is to be considered for.
- A full job description and additional information on the Source Protection Committee is available on the website at www.sourcewaterprotection.on.ca
Applications must be submitted no later than April 15th, 2019 to:
Julie Welker, SP Project Coordinator
Thames-Sydenham and Region
UTRCA, 1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9