Longwoods Road Conservation Area / Ska-Nah-Doht Village & Museum
LONGWOODS ROAD CONSERVATION AREA ENTRANCE WILL BE CLOSING AT 6PM DAILY DURING MARCH 2021 TO VEHICULAR AND PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC.
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise, a one month long provincewide shutdown is in effect as of Saturday, April 3, at 12:01 a.m. To find out what this means please go to this link:
PROVINCEWIDE STAY-AT-HOME ORDER Effective Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated), for outdoor exercise , or for work that cannot be done remotely. The Stay-at-home order will last for at least 28 days, which is until May 6.
OUR CONSERVATION AREAS REMAIN OPEN FOR DAY USE TO THE PUBLIC WITH LIMITED SERVICES/FACILITIES
Outdoor social gatherings must comply with public health advice on physical distancing of at least 2 metres and have no more than 5 people. Masks are recommended.
- TRAIL ETIQUETTE:
– schedule your trail use to avoid times of high use, conservation areas are generally open from 9 a.m. until sunset 7 days a week.
– maintain your social distance of minimum 2 metres
– no group interaction
– maximum outdoor social gatherings 5 people
– single file activity only
– wear a mask outdoors if you cannot social distance 2 metres
– when passing people, step as far to the side as possible and pass on the left
– expect and respect other users
– keep all pets on a leash and pick up after your pet
– remove all your litter and pet litter from the conservation area – there are no garbage cans on site
– abide by all Conservation Area Regulations
ALL PUBLIC WASHROOMS IN CONSERVATION AREAS ARE CLOSED:
Please note that our public washrooms at Longwoods Road, Big Bend, C.M. Wilson and Sharon Creek Conservation Areas are NOT currently open.
THERE IS NO DRINKING WATER
Hours of Operation
Grounds OPEN 7 days a week 9 a.m. to sunset
May be CLOSED due to weather or road conditions.
Ska-Nah-Doht Village, Museum and Resource Centre:
Peak Season (May – October)
Victoria Day Weekend to Thanksgiving
Buildings OPEN 7 days a week, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Open Statutory Holidays.
Year Round (Thanksgiving – May)
Buildings OPEN Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Weekends by appointment only.
Closed Statutory Holidays.
Conservation Areas are NOT off-leash dog parks. ALL DOGS AND PETS MUST BE LEASHED. UNLEASHED PETS ARE A FINEABLE OFFENCE. CLEAN-UP AFTER YOUR PET! Section 10.-(2) and (3) Under the Conservation Authorities Act.
8449 Irish Drive, RR#1,
Mount Brydges, Ontario N0L 1W0
8348 Longwoods Road - Mount Brydges
8348 Longwoods Road