Select an item below to expand it’s contents.
LTVCA follows all COVID-19 Safety Guidelines, as we are in Step 3 of Ontario’s Reopening. Please be advised that the LTVCA Administration Office at 100 Thames St. in Chatham and the Resource Centre at Longwoods Road Conservation Area are closed to the public until further notice. Phones may not be answered, but messages are being retrieved. Staff are available preferably via email, and email addresses for all staff may be found in our STAFF DIRECTORY. All departments will continue to provide services to the public. Conservation Authority staff will be reporting to work or working remotely during this time and members of the public are asked to communicate with employees by telephone or email.
Administration Office – 519-354-7310 (Please follow menu prompts)
Longwoods Road Conservation Area Resource Centre – 519-264-2420
We are currently not accepting in person purchases or payments.
Please email your purchase request to one of the following:
Tree Purchases – Amanda.Blain@ltvca.ca
Regulations and Permit Applications – email@example.com
Planning and Legal Inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
Conservation Area Parking Passes – Agnes.Vriends@ltvca.ca
Camping and Facility Rentals
General Inquiries – email@example.com
DO NOT EMAIL CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, staff will contact you via email and send an invoice for online payment, unless you prefer to be contacted by phone (please ensure you have included your phone number in your email). For those who prefer to pay by cheque, you may mail your cheque and order form to – 100 Thames Street, Chatham ON N7L 2Y8.
Face to face meetings will be limited to specific engagements arranged by staff in advance. LTVCA staff will continue to participate in meetings through alternative means including teleconference and webinar. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause however, the health and safety of staff and our communities is of paramount importance.
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 100 people
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people
- Indoor dining with no limits to the number of patrons per table
- Retail with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Indoor religious services, rites or ceremony gatherings with physical distancing
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities with capacity limits
- Personal care services with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Museums, casinos and bingo halls with capacity limits
- Cinemas, concert, theatres, and other performing arts venues with capacity limits
OUR CONSERVATION AREAS REMAIN OPEN FOR DAY USE TO THE PUBLIC WITH LIMITED SERVICES/FACILITIES. Please remember to social distance and wearing a mask is recommended.
– schedule your trail use to avoid times of high use, conservation areas are generally open from 9 a.m. until sunset 7 days a week.
– maintain your social distance of minimum 2 metres
– no group interaction
– maximum outdoor social gatherings up to 100 people
– single file activity only
– wear a mask outdoors if you cannot social distance 2 metres
– when passing people, step as far to the side as possible and pass on the left
– expect and respect other users
– keep all pets on a leash and pick up after your pet
– remove all your litter and pet litter from the conservation area – there are no garbage cans on site
– abide by all Conservation Area Regulations
Public Washrooms at Longwoods Road, Big Bend, C.M. Wilson and Sharon Creek Conservation Areas are open.
Drinking Water is available at some conservation areas.