Merlin Conservation Area
This 2.8 hectare property was donated to the Lower Thames Valley Conservation Authority at a dedication ceremony on June 4th, 2011. It was formerly the site of the Merlin District High School pictured above in 1950. MDHS operated from 1950 until 1980. Merlin Conservation Area is now being re-naturalized for the benefit of the community.
Conservation Areas are NOT off-leash dog parks. ALL DOGS AND PETS MUST BE LEASHED. UNLEASHED PETS ARE A FINEABLE OFFENCE. CLEAN-UP AFTER YOUR PET! Section 10.-(2) and (3) Under the Conservation Authorities Act.
Merlin Conservation Area is located at 128 William Street (County Rd. 8 Middle Line) in the Community of Merlin, Municipality of Chatham-Kent. Merlin Conservation Area is located on the north side of William Street, west of Erie Street (County Rd. 7).
Lat/Long 42.241, -82.236 UTM 398000, 4677250
A short walking path has been developed. There is a small paved circular driveway at the front. The park is open for dayuse from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. year-round, free of charge.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
A large flat open field is being re-naturalized with trees and tall grass prairie. The McKinlay Memorial Forest grows at this Conservation Area.
128 William Street - Merlin
128 William Street