- About Us
- Planning & Regs
- Water Management
- Education Programs
- Conservation Areas
- Forests & Habitat
- Contact Us
Longwoods Road Conservation Area and
Ska-Nah-Doht Village and Museum
The Ska-Nah-Doht Village and Museum is looking for Volunteers to sit on its Community Advisory Committee.
Be a Guardian of Longwoods!
All volunteers are recognized for their support at an annual Longwoods picnic and barbecue.
Volunteer activities may include:
- High school students – Complete your 40 hours of community service
- Special events/programs
- Acting, parking, photography, gatekeeping, grounds keeping.
- Trail maintenance
- Garden tending
- Nesting box construction
- Tree planting/restoration projects
- Museum collection management
- Exhibit maintenance
Volunteer with the LTVCA in Chatham-Kent
There are a variety of ongoing volunteer opportunities in Chatham-Kent with our Forestry and Habitat Restoration Programs. One of our largest ongoing projects is ourCommunity Tree Initiative Program, conducted in partnership with the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and Stewardship Kent. With assistance from area high schools, Communities in Bloom, Chatham-Kent Community Living and many other volunteers, we collect local native tree seed. The seeds are properly stored and sowed in the municipal greenhouse, then later planted at our tree nursery. Over 10,000 seedlings are grown annually. The aim of this project is education, with a bi- product of trees that will be planted locally.
Volunteers are always needed for greenhouse work, seed collection, weeding and tree planting. Come out and help green your community!
For more information, please contact:
- “2017 Tree Planting Season has Arrived!” LTVCA Branches Out with130,000 Trees on Order This Spring
- “Listen, Watch, Taste, Smell – Experience Life of 1812!” Longwoods Heritage Weekend May 6-7
- “Experience some of the best birding in SW Ontario!” “Step into Nature” For The Big O Birding “Healthy Hike”
- “It’s a Win Win!” Co-op Students Learn on the Job with LTVCA!